Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Chore Charts - No Screen Before Clean and Homework

Pin It Now!
Star charts. Rewards. Stick jars. Chore posters. Blah, blah, blah. I have tried several chore charty things. And usually we stick with them. For a while. And then it's just too hard to keep up. I mean, counting stars and earning prizes - all the while making the chart look all cute and visually appealing and all that jazz . . . not in my skill set.

I searched high and low on Pinterest for the easy solution. JK, I did not and would not. Is there anything easy on Pinterest for the craft and star chart challenged? Nope.

I made my basic chore chart on a word doc. We have used these basic chore charts for the last few years with the motto "No screen before clean and homework." For the most part, it has worked pretty well.

I posted a photo on my Totally Desperate Mom Facebook page (which is basically now my place for lazy blogging) of my kids doing their Fantasy Chore Draft. And many people commented or texted me asking for copies of my chore charts. Here you go:
(Click on the photos to be able to read them more clearly)
For the eleven-year-old:
 For the nine-year-old:
 For the seven-year-old:

We switch up chores every once in a while based on how many outside activities they have, stress level, summer time, etc. But it had been a while since we had made adjustments and Elijah and Lydia were complaining that the other person had all the easy chores. So we decided to do a draft so they could take turns picking which chores they would do. We basically left Jordis out of the draft because she gets the easiest chores since she is seven. With the exception of dry mopping the hardwood floors. Because she loves doing that. For now.

Pin It Now!

0 comments: